Wrist Pain – Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from iPhones, iPads, Smartphones, Text Thumb, BlackBerry Neck
Posted by No Carpal Tunnel Blog
Repetitive Strain Injury or Wrist Pain – Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from iPhones, iPads, Smartphones use, or Text Thumb, BlackBerry Neck, iPhone or iPad finger pain are now unfortunately becoming more and more common. People have aching hands, wrists, necks, and backs.
- Take a rest break every five minutes, stand up and walk around
- Hold your cell phone up to your eyes, do not tilt your head down to your device
- Prevent eye strain by looking away from the tiny screen as much as possible
- Rest your elbows on an armrest or on your sides while using the gadget
- Turn the smartphone or gadget off at night and take a rest from it
- Stretch out your hands, wrists, and body every day
- Use an ergonomic stylus
Swiping a touchscreen or repeatedly tapping a touchscreen can cause finger pain as the small tendons can easily get overused. You might consider purchasing a special stylus to do some of your smart phone usage. As you can see above, we have wrapped the stylus in some rubber to fatten it up, making it even more ergonomic.
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed.